19 August, 2001

Serious toy


Maybe the toy can be used in a more serious way too.

I remember the first time I saw the quad very well. Even I have always known, that Alain prefers machines powered by oil rather than ryebread - and I am just the opposite I guess - I still was surprised. I had never seen such a toy before. Such a useless toy for grown up children with too much money to spend.

Now, I do not know if it is a dull, Danish protestant up-bringing, that puts its head out in this way... or a more practical, female way of deciding how to use your monthly wages in a smarter way. How about a new wardrobe for new season, for instance.

Anyway, you normally do not use this kind of thing in the town. Not in Denmark, and I suppose not in France too. Here in the countryside they are popular from an early age. I guess that these motorcycles with four wheels are more interesting in the countryside anyway. You need good hilly land to enjoy the fun more, I guess.

In Champagne one of the winegrowers in the Vallée de la Marne close to Épernay offers trips in his vineyards with the quad. He says to the local newspaper l'Union, that the income from his quad-activities are close to pass those from the champagne. Not bad. Maybe we could find a future for the quad of Alain that makes sense. Right now it has not left the garage more than once in four years.

På dansk

Copyright: The copyright for text and photos at bobler.blogspot.com belongs to Solveig Tange. You may use my articles, photos or parts of them for non-commercial use and if I am credited as the author. Feel free to link to this site but not in your own frameset please.

No comments: